-Rare Earth

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Hanging out, Down the Street" - Big Star


Yes, if you have calculated I was on a boat with just Captain Bruce. We had another week off and it was just the two of us! I really enjoyed myself and all the people we met. Saturday we were picked up by Bruce's friends, Bill and Lea, who took us to there house “the castle” for a delicious lasagna dinner. They run sort of a halfway house for kids who hit 18 but still cant make it on there own because of school or whatnot. They also have three kids and 5 year old boy, and 2 year old girl and a newborn. I loved playing with them and enjoyed dinner. It made me realize I am ready for a niece....


Sunday we anchored out at Fort Montague and spent the whole week out there. I got to meet many of Bruce's friends who came out for dinner. We spent a day helping houseboat Mark put cleats on his boat, we installed oarlocks onto the dingy for emergency use. We tried them out and it made me really miss rowing. Then we spent an evening hanging out on the gas dock of Bruce's friend, Chris. Chris, I swear, is Shaggy (like seriously) and cooked burgers on a george foreman (surprisingly tasty). We also spent a day installing a water tank, door locks, and fixing the porch of Tina, Bruce's friend's mom's house (no idea how to correctly say that). We also went out for a delicious japanese meal. My fried rice was to die for! That night we went out to the bar, Hammerheads, and I met Darren and Onike. They live here in the Bahamas and are closer to my age and were really fun. Friday night we had a huge cookout at the dock and they came as well as Chris (aka Shaggy, which I told him after getting agreement from Onike). Bruce fried up chicken and there was like 20 people there and we had a good night. The next morning was spent cleaning the boat for another charter... get this- all guys!

Sorry about the lack of photos, I never get my camera out!





That last one is kinda what the new boat will look like!

1 comment:

  1. The water looks amazing! I'm sure it's even bluer in person. Love you! Glad you had some downtime and have met some other people working on boats. miss you.

    ReplyDelete