-Rare Earth

Thursday, June 23, 2011

"Cowboy's Back in Town" -Trace Adkins

The Group: Dave, Will, Coleman, Ross, Blake, Gabe, Tanner, Micheal, Coby, Andrew, Kelton, and Cody.


My first week back I hit the ground running. My friend Steven picked me up from the airport with his brother Chris and his friend Chris. Very easy to remember. They showed me a couple of the sights here in nassau including the Rose steps and the fort ??? and the cloisters that were donated to nassau from France or somewhere. They were really cool and I enjoyed my mini tour. It is funny how little of Nassau I actually see and do. We got back to the dock and caught bruce and sheilas lines as they came into port. I met the group that had been out that week, a YL group from Tennessee. They were so nice and friendly I was sad to have missed the week. Well I got right back into work tying cleats, dropping fenders, moving the dingy, filling water tanks etc. it was like I never left.


What the boys did every night: Cigars and Poker.

Some of the days catch

The next day brought in a wave of chores as saturdays always do. Cleaning the boat and getting groceries and water and everything we need for the next charter. The next group arrived around midday and it was another YL group. All senior boys from Texas! They were a hoot. There were two leaders, Dave and John or Hallmark or princess (depending who you asked) and they were great. We sailed down all the way to Blackpoint to pick up the third leader, Blake. He had to come in a day late because of a wedding. The guys were very fun and great characters. A lot of them reminded me of guys I know from high school. It was a blessing to get to spend the week watching them. They were all about fishing so we had to avoid the park all together because you cant catch there. We watched a couple of dolphin (the fish) spit out our hooks (most depressing thing ever) but managed to always reel in the barracuda. Bruce took the boys out spear fishing and it turned out they were great at it. We ate 31 fried fish one day. Big shout out to john for cleaning it all! We also spent a night at Compass Cay so I got to say goodbye to Cheyenne. She is working at a camp in the states for the rest of the summer so it will be sad now when I go to compass.


The boys loved the pigs

Except tanner. He was really running scared!

Of course we caught some barracuda.

Friday night was spent anchored out in Nassau with a delicious dinner brought to us by the always helpful steven. We had BBQ ribs and chicken, mac-n-cheese, and peas and rice. It was amazingly delicious. The other big news was Matt, the new deckhand arrived on Friday! It was very exciting to get to meet the illusive matt and start to get to know him. Once again it was a great week and I was sad to say goodbye to another fantastic group of people. Saturday's are not getting any easier.

Snorkeling the sunken plane.

Some of the boys slept on the deck the whole week.

Cliff jumping at Thunderball! I did jump this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment