-Rare Earth

Friday, June 3, 2011

"My My Heart Like a Kick Drum" - Avett Brothers


The past week I was actually in the states! I got off work for the week to come home for a Haynie (close family friends) wedding and then family vacation! I told my parents back in December that if they really wanted me to come to family vacation it better not be at the beach. I knew I would want a break from sun and sand. Instead we spent the week enjoying the Mountains outside Cashiers NC.

The wedding was a blast and I was so excited I got to be there. Amanda looked beautiful and I finally got to meet this Shane I had heard so much about! There was dancing and catching up with almost all of Anderson and of course all the Haynie's. Enjoy the picture show thanks to the always beautiful Meg.

The Hayes!
Mallory and I
Rachel and I and of course my very mature father! (note the kicks - thanks Steph)
Dad with his favorite daughter…


The girls (Beth, Erin, Meg, Me and Mom)


After the wedding we spent the day at the lake with the whole family, including the two cutest nephews known to man (its a proven fact). So the whole family got to enjoy the great weather and the cool water. It felt very weird jumping into fresh brown water.... I forgot what it was like not seeing in the water you are swimming. (maybe bragging here) Then we headed up to the mountain house where I spent the week reading and relaxing and enjoying using a dishwasher and real sink! We ate great food and got to all catch up and it was such a blessing. Micah even took Cody, Dad and I on a morning fly fishing trip... if possible my cast has gotten worse. It was fun to get out and enjoy the water anyway. We also took a boat out on Lake Glennville and I got to drive it around. A pontoon boat is very different that a sailboat. I was sad to leave but work calls so Meg and I left Thursday so I could catch my flight the next morning. I always love just spending time with my family and having the chance to hear about whats going on and what I am missing. Still haven't understood Group-on….


Cody and Sean fishing (so cute)
Micah and I fly fishing (well I'm probably just untieing lines)
James in his new frogger chair
Sean and Tim driving the boat
GiGi and her grandkids
The whole fam at dinner
A reenactment of an old photo from when we were kids


My favorite sister and I


2 comments:

  1. Great post! So glad you got to come home for a week - I couldn't have waited till september to see you. Love you so much! Keep having fun (like I need to tell you that).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post & remembering all our fun! So happy you were home for family time-miss you again....mom

    ReplyDelete