-Rare Earth

Saturday, July 2, 2011

"Fins to the left, fins to the right" - Jimmy Buffett


Well this past week was of course another adventure. I loved it! Kelly and his wife Tracy have been coming down with Bruce and Sheila for the past 6 years and have by the stories I have heard... had always had a ton of fun. This year was no different. They decided to do a family trip so there two sons Ryan(14) and Sam(10) were on the trip. As well as Tracy's sister, Nancy and her husband Brad. There was also their friends Jody and Phil and their two kids, Kylie (7) and Gunner(14). Kelly's good friend Steve was also on board. He actually got in a day early so Matt and I got to know him on friday before the trip. He was a real character and had great stories about his time in the navy. Everyone was so much fun! I really enjoyed everybody and we had a blast all week long. (Yes I know I say this every week but thats because it is true)




I love these two!


Highlights included swimming with the pigs, snorkeling tons, including wax cut and a sunken airplane by Johnny Depp's island. I saw two sea turtles! It was so cool and man can they zoom through the water. We also saw some barracuda including a 5 ft one that swam by me (like literally two feet beside me) and some eagle rays and nurse sharks. I have fallen in love with snorkeling and love eagle rays, still haven't seen any manta rays though... We also spent an evening out at Pirates Lair, one of my favorite spots and played Wadoba (I think...) ball. They are these really cool balls that bounce on the water, so you throw them like you would skip a rock. I am horrible at it but its still very fun. Jody and Nancy and a couple others built some fantastic sand creatures including an octopus, turtle and starfish. They were very impressive (see pictures). We enjoyed great food as always with Capt. Bruce. I don't know if I have told about thanksgiving dinner. Every week (usually when we are in compass cay) we have thanksgiving dinner. I am talking all out. Bruce deep fries a turkey we have stuffing, cranberries, gravy, the whole nine yards. It is so very tasty. This past week was no different with our delicious deep fried turkey and a couple friends of Bruce's (yes they are everywhere) came over and we had a dessert of ice cream! Ice cream is a serious rarity down here and it was a very great treat. The night was great and everybody stayed up late talking and hanging out. I even got to bust out my skills at spoon nose balancing. There also was a huge yacht that was from one of the James Bond movies in at Compass. I never learned which 007 it was from everyone said something different. I will find out next week.


The awesome octopus that I turned into a sextapus later….

Other adventures included swimming with the pigs and even got to see the piglets come out! Tons of jumping off the bow was enjoyed by everyone, even Kylie! We also took everybody to thunder-ball and just about everybody jumped off the cliff. A few had to have some coaxing. Kelly was also very involved in video taping so he was always with a camera, which made matt and I nervous. Who knows what he end result will be... He even had one for underwater! I am excited to see the video he makes (he promised to send me one). We also made it to danger reef and Phil, Brad, Gunner, Steve, and Kelly all got in. I decided to pass on the swimming with the sharks this week because I didn't feel like changing and getting wet again. But now there are photos of the sharks I swam with two weeks ago! The boys were very brave and swam all around! Friday was spent and Da Bridge for dinner and exploring the Atlantis aquariums. We were going to go to Crazy Johnny's afterwards but we got back and the power was all out! Apparently a common occurrence in the Bahamas in the summer. Saturday morning was an early goodbye to everybody. I was very sad to say goodbye to everyone in the group and they are already planning to see me next year on the boat.... we'll see.

the sharks… Fins the the left really did come on right about now!
Kylie and I being reeled in



Kevin Costner meet Jason Miraz???



No comments:

Post a Comment