-Rare Earth

Saturday, July 2, 2011

"Sitting on the dock of the bay" - Otis Redding

What a week! We got to spend the entire week on the dock in Nassau and though it was a little nerve racking being in charge of the boat it was so much fun! I made a list of all the things Bruce and Sheila needed us to do so I wouldn't forget. They don't get back until after the next group gets here so we have to get everything clean and groceries bought and put away. There is a lot I haven't been responsible for before now! We still managed to have some fun though! We spent most of our nights hanging out on the boat. Steven, Chris, Teri and Tina came over most nights as well. We also had Bob over one night before we left for some left over ribs and to watch American President. We went to the movies a couple times and saw Hangover 2 and Green Lantern. We wondered around the mall, its crazy how all malls are the same. Ordered pizza one night, Tina brought over bamboo shack (my favorite) one night and all in all just enjoyed our time off with some neat people. We of course had cleaning to do and had to scrub the hull of the boat one day. That was an adventure. I really can not hold my breath very long....


Wednesday was the event! Steven who has been the wonderful driver all week and has blessed us with his presence daily hooked us up. He is that guy who knows people. He picked us up from the boat at 9:30 and we went to Dolphin Cay where he used to work. Its the dolphin place in atlantis that houses 38 dolphin and 16 sea lions and people go there and pet the dolphins and swim with them etc. Well Steven took us on the back of house tour and we got to watch the sea lions slide around on there bellies and see the “kitchen” thats just huge freezers with different fish and who eats what and when. Then we got to go out to the pools and help out with a “session”. They do sessions with groups but the dolphins also do a little practice for some meals just with a trainer or two because they have 8 different feedings. So we got to sit at the edge of the pool and pet Noah and Brewer and feed them fish and they gave us high fives, did a couple dances, did some jumps for us and we even got dolphin kisses. Of course the whole time I am doing this I am freaking out with excitement and don't even touch my camera (which I did bring). So I do not have a single photo to show for it, but it happened and it was AWESOME! Steven really hooked us up. We met so many people who worked there and they were so friendly and happy and I wished I could just go train dolphins in the bahamas! Erin your major is way cooler than mine.


After the amazingly awesome dolphin experience we snuck into the Atlantis pools and spent the whole day there. IT was fantastic and I finally got to ride the Leap of Faith! When I came to Nassau 11 years ago with my family we explored Atlantis and saw the Aztec tower with this drop slide and I said I have to do that. So Wednesday I finally got to. We also did the 5 other slides around the pools and did the “crazy river”! It was a blast. We had so much fun. We also went to Johnny Rockets for lunch and I had an amazingly delicious cheeseburger and Chocolate milkshake! It was a great day! I got to enjoy the water-park and swim (it felt very weird being in a pool) and eat good food and to top it all off I found a free jawbreaker machine right before we left. It was all in all a fantastic day that kept being awesome with a round of Karaoke at Crazy Johnny's. Who doesn't love a little Frank Sinatra and Whitney Houston...


The rest of the week flew by as all vacations do. We got the boat cleaned and ready for the boss on thursday and friday. Went to crazy Johnnys one last time on friday and had a blast dancing and enjoying the rock videos! Getting groceries and everything ready on the boat was nerve racking. We were leaving for the Exumas as soon as Bruce and sheila got in so there was no time for them to fix my mistakes! We got everything done in time and I hopefully got all the supplies we needed...

No comments:

Post a Comment