-Rare Earth

Friday, January 25, 2013

"Gangnam Style" - Psy

All of us at Bea' s apartment for our churrascca

I can´t believe my time in Floripa is already over. This week has flown by. I am sad to leave my Brazillian family but also very excited to meet up with Kelsey and start the next part of our adventure. Sunday night was when I finally fullfilled my dream of having Yellows Pizza. In Brazil they have rodezio pizza which is like a buffet but they bring all the pizzas to you, so you dont have to get up, and you can make requests. I fell in love with Yellows four years ago with my friend Karly when I had the greatest pizza combo on the planet. White chocolate with strawberries. I dont think I have a friend that I havent talked to about this pizza. So Bea, Rodrigo and I went and it was amazing.

our great cook, Beas brother
Monday night Bea had a Churrasco at her apartment. Some of yall have probably heard of churrascarias (it was in Bridesmaids, though you dont really get sick) where they have all these different kinds and slices of meat and they bring them over to you. Well I was wanting to go but instead we just had it at Bea´s house and everybody was there, like a cookout! My host cousins, aunts, uncles, Vo, everybody. It was a blast and extremely delicious. Especially the desert of a whole pinapple covered in cinnamon, skewered and cooked over the coals. It was all so good, I ate entirely too much. Then there was a dance party, including a "Gangnam Style" dance off for a while because it was Pietra and Bernardo´s favorite. Then a skype reunion with Betina (Bea´s sister in the states) and Gabriel (the brother that is visiting Betina) and their families. It was so much fun.

Tuesday was spent doing laundry, packing, organizing everything for my trip. Tuesday night Rodrigo and I met up with Danny and went to my favorite bar down here, Chopp do Gus. It was so much fun. With a live band playing brazillian tunes we samba´d the night away. I got to have the famous quatros quejo french fries, they are amazing.

Wednesday was spent out at pria mole reading and exploring around. It was the first time I had made it out to Pria Mole, and it is still my favorite beach. With the soft sand, big waves, beautiful mountains and rocks to climb at either end of the beach you just cant help but love it. I even bought a new anklet from the hippie that I am positive I bought my bracelet I still wear from four years ago from. She even commented she used to have one like it, and I remember when I bought it noticing the woman I bought it from was wearing the same one. So small world. Tomorrow I will be on a bus for 25 hours.... pray for patience and that my kindle lasts the whole time (I have a really good book on it).

ps more photos to come but I have made it to buenos Aires, my kindle lasted but not my book!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all the photo's of your extended Brazilian family and was jealous I missed the pastels, yellow pizza and the Brazilian cold beer
    love DAD

    ReplyDelete