-Rare Earth

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

"Mamma Mia here I go again" - ABBA

Leaving GSP


FLORIANOPOLIS! I have made it! I really can´t believe I am back. I fell right back in love with it. I was so excited to see Rodrigo and Vó waiting for me at the airport. We had lunch together at the famous weigh your plate buffets that are so popular here. Then it was off to pria brava where Bea, Amanda and Fabio were. I finally got to meet Bernardo (3 1/2) and Pietra (1 1/2). When I last left Amanda was pregnant with Bernardo. I was so exhausted from the flight and no sleep that we headed back to Vó´s house, where I am staying, and I went to bed pretty early.

Sunday came in with a trip back to pria brava and some time on the beach. Monday I went with Rodrigo into Centro and wandered around. My friend Danny, who was in my language class with me four years ago lives in Floripa now, so we met up at his bakery. Then I had lunch with Rodrigo, Danny, and Sergio. It was so good to see him. Though we still can hardly communicate. Moday night I went back out to Pria Brava with Fabio and spent two days out there. Hanging out with the bambinos and swimming and lots of reading. It was a great time, and Amanda a gracious host.


Peitra and I getting to know each other.

my Brazilian Mae and I
Wednesday night I came back to Trindade, and Thursday heading to Pria Joaquina for a couple of hours of time in the sun. It has been hard since everyone is working I have a lot more time to myself, but I have been having a good time.The weekend is right around the corner so I should get more time with Bea and Rodrigo. I´ll keep you posted.

Bernardo playing on the beach. 


Amanda and the kids lounging on the hammock

No comments:

Post a Comment